Sunday, June 4, 2017

My First Teenager

 
 Yesterday my first baby . . .
 

 
became my first TEENAGER!
 
 
It's hard to believe that little blonde-haired boy is now this giant kid who makes me feel short . . .
 
 
and is almost as tall as Jason, too (they already have the same shoe size!).
 
 
He has a deep voice (that still squeaks now and then), cuts our grass (and is hired by other people to cut their grass),
 
 
plays songs that are too advanced for me on the piano,
 
 
looks after his younger siblings,
 
 
 
and has already finished Grade 7.
 
He celebrated yesterday by opening his new Lego set (he still loves Lego!) going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2, coming home for his favorite dinner (still homemade macaroni and cheese!), and then blowing out the candles on a cake with his cousins and grandparents (he still loves Star Wars, too!).

 

 


They brought him 13 chocolate bars--he was pretty happy!

 
We also watched some home movies of Ben as a toddler and laughed about how funny it would be to re-create some of those scenes.
 
I am so grateful we had Ben first--he is the best big brother ever, the most thoughtful helper for me, and just a great guy to have around. 
 
Even if he has made me the mom of a teenager!
 
Really, though--it has happened so gradually that it actually feels okay :)

1 comments:

Anita said...

It's hard to believe that little boy has changed so much!! He really does seem like a teenager now...even though he still likes lego and star wars:)