It's fun having a husband who was born on St. Patrick's Day! This year I convinced Jason to take the day off of work and have a day of fun with the family :)
We talked about going to Victoria, but decided that might be too much with our three little kids. I suggested Science World, where we would get to see an IMAX film about a space telescope called Hubble. It was incredible!
Science World is always lots of fun, too.
I think my kids had all the shades of green covered.
And, if that wasn't colorful enough, volunteers were doing face painting in the kids area. Janae couldn't resist, and came out wearing a rainbow!
Ben was really disappointed that we wouldn't be going on a ferry, so yesterday I did a little research to see if we could find a smaller ferry, where we could go on a shorter ride. I found . . . the Aquabus :)
You can't get much smaller than that! It leaves from right outside of Science World and goes to Granville Island. And . . . it is mostly green!
It was so small that the driver let Ben and Janae have turns at the wheel.
I hadn't been to Granville Island before. It has lots of interesting little shops. Benjamin even got to do "the pigeon" there.
Before we went home we made sure Jason got back to his "roots."
After a full day, we came home, ordered dinner and had a shamrock birthday cake. Then Jason suggested watching Star Wars . . . which went over very well.
It was a happy birthday and a happy St. Patrick's Day all around.
2 comments:
Looks like it was the kids' birthday:) So much fun!! I want to go on the auquabus! Tell Jason "Happy Birthday" from us.
It looks like Jason and the whole family had a fun time on his birthday. Happy belated Birthday, Jason!! My goodness Ben and Janae got to take turns at the wheel, how fun. I'm glad to see that Jason even made it back to his "roots" :0)
Post a Comment