Sunday, May 31, 2009

Benjamin Glam?

For those of you who might not know, I like to watch American Idol (my apologies to anyone who is shocked by this revelation). It's the only show I really watch--I have my mom tape it (since we've decided not to invest in cable), and by the end of every season, I am fully addicted.

This year, my favorite was Adam . . . so when the competition ended, I naturally wanted to read the articles about why people thought he came in second, etc. (By the way, a little piece of advice: don't search for pictures of Adam Lambert unless you want to see some really disgusting stuff--that was definitely not the most uplifting part of my Sunday morning!)

 


Anyway, one of the articles referred to Adam as "Glambert," which I thought was a clever word play (I always like that kind of thing).

It wasn't until a week or so later, though, that I realized my own little Benjamin was going through a bit of a "glam" phase of his own, all pirate-related of course.

First there was the gold clip-on earring (that I bought for 35 cents--it's going to be part of Jason's costume for our upcoming party). Ben was reluctant to try it on at first, because he thought he'd get a hole in his ear--but now he thinks it's a great addition to his pirate items.

 


Then there are all the jewels, necklaces, rings, gold, etc. that we've collected for the treasure chest. Ben loves playing with all this stuff--and wearing it, as any pirate would, to show off his riches.

 


Ben is even making his own jewelry with things he finds around the house--here he is with a necklace made of no more than string, ladders, and pieces of wooden trains.

 


So, what do we think of all this?

I have to admit I'm pretty impressed. But I'm also thinking seriously about hiding the nail polish . . . and the eye liner :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

I would never think to compare Benjamin to Adam Lambert, but now that you mention it...just kidding:) It's cute how Ben is so into pirates now--that is going to be an awsome birthday party! Make sure you get a good picture of Jason with that earring on!

mom said...

I guess we have all added to Ben's pirate obsession, even Grandpa with all the questionable pirate stories! It's nice to have a good imagination I'm sure it will help him in school when he has to write all those stories in English (the subject, not the language)!