Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lost and FOUND

Janae has a LOT of stuffed animals, but her favorite one by far is a pink and purple kitty named Seraphina.

 


Seraphina has been most places we've been--the school, the park, the grocery store, the library, the church, Grandma's house and dance class.

So, when we realized she was missing a couple of weeks ago, we had lots of places to look. We called or visited everywhere we could remember going, but nobody had Seraphina.

 


At first I thought, "Janae has so many toys--she can live without Seraphina," but then--of course--I wondered what kind of mother would take such a calloused approach to the loss of her middle child's favorite kitty . . . and decided to look for a replacement.

I went back to the store where Santa had found the cat who would become known as Seraphina, but all the pompom kitties had been sold.

I tried the online Webkinz store, and found that Seraphina's particular model had been sold out there, too.

Being the industrious little sister that she is, Alaina came up with a solution: she started calling one of her stuffed kitties Seraphina (just "Phina," actually) and giving it hugs and kisses in front of Janae :)

 


Anyway, we'd all given up hope. Then tonight, Janae was playing upstairs and we suddenly heard a very loud, very high-pitched scream.

"I FOUND SERAPHINA!!!!!!!"

 


Janae had stuffed her into the back of a princess carriage--it must have been the only place we hadn't looked!

After all we'd been through, it was wonderful to see this kitty again. Hopefully she and Janae will have some sweet dreams snuggled up together tonight :)

 

1 comments:

mom said...

I'm very glad that Seraphina has been found and back where she belongs in Janae's arms :0) I guess I can stop looking under the couches now!