Sunday, May 15, 2011

Time to Move?

As I read over my last post, I realized it was a little cheesy . . . and not quite true. While it is true that before I had children the only thing I ever wanted was to be a mom, I have to admit that now that I am a mother . . . well, there are still a few things on my wish list.

For example, I wouldn’t mind having a big house in the country, a total makeover, a housekeeping service at my disposal, or even one of those flowering hanging baskets that everyone puts out in the spring.

 


But getting back to that big house in the country. . . .

We live in a town house located in what few would call a “nicer” neighborhood (how’s that for a euphemism?). While we have several wonderful neighbors in our complex itself, when we take a walk on our street--or even venture down to our lower parking lot--we find a bit of a rougher mix.

 


Normally we are pretty oblivious to this as we go on with our lives. Once in a while, though, it’s kind of hard to ignore.

For example, a few days ago, we received a notice in our mailbox. It read:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

USED NEEDLES HAVE BEEN FOUND ON THE COMMON AREA GROUNDS.

Please remind your children that if they do see a needle not to touch it and to get an adult.

Used needles can be placed in a tin can.

WEAR GLOVES AND AVOID TOUCHING THE POINTY END. . . .

If you are not comfortable touching the needle, someone from the Maintenance Committee can do it for you.

The Maintenance Committee will also collect the needles for correct disposal.

________________________________________________

I know what you’re probably thinking: what a progressive community Lisa lives in—they even have their own needle exchange program, right in their backyard! The neighborhood children are involved, too—how modern!

You probably know what I’m thinking, though: Time to move?

 

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Yikes! Kinda scary to have that notice in your mailbox i'm sure. I wonder how many needles they have found. Hopefully it was just a one time thing :/