Sunday, December 19, 2010

Superstitious?

 


A couple of years ago, I wrote about what might be called Jason and my "anniversary curse"--where something always goes wrong to spoil our anniversary date. We never know how the curse will manifest itself--it has come as everything from being diagnosed with gestational diabetes to choosing the wrong restaurant.

Last year we had our newborn Alaina with us, and she had a diaper explosion down Jason's shirt; the year before I found a hair in my dinner--you get the picture (See "Happy Anniversary? Let's Hope So," Dec. 16/08 for full details!).

This year, however, we celebrated our anniversary--our 8th--without incident.

 


I know what you're probably thinking: one of us must have broken a mirror on our wedding day, and our seven years of bad luck are now over.

I know this would be the most obvious explanation. BUT, today I realized that Jason and I actually celebrated our anniversary a day early, since December 19th fell on a Sunday.

Today has seemed pretty uneventful, too, but you never know . . . it's still only 6:00!

 


And yes, I had to crop the kids out of all the pictures to have some of me and Jason . . . maybe next year we should celebrate our anniversary with a photo shoot--plenty of ways THAT could go wrong!!

Not that I'm superstitious :)

1 comments:

mom said...

Congratulations! Maybe that's the trick to celebrate a day early:0) Confuse all the little gremlins that can mess things up! Sorry the comment is a week late!