Friday was Ben's last day of school before Christmas, so now we are REALLY getting ready!
Alaina has been walking around singing "Silent night, holy night, all is calm, all is bright." She sings the first two phrases in a really low voice then goes into a super high pitch for the "all is calm, all is bright." She wakes up in the morning singing, and even tries to sing while drinking her milk :)
One of the songs Benjamin sang with his class at the school Christmas concert was called "Old Toy Trains." I guess this inspired Ben, because this afternoon he got out his old wooden railway (which he has been "too old" to play with for quite some time now) and built an amazing track, all around the Christmas tree! He is calling it the Polar Express :) I love to see him playing with his trains.
Earlier this week I saw a picture in a magazine of chocolate chip cookies dipped in chocolate, and Janae and I decided to try it out. I think these might be good enough to leave out for Santa!
Janae has also developed a bit of a nutcracker obsession this year. She loves watching Barbie in the Nutcracker (I have to admit, it is one of my favorites, too!), and we also saw a Children's Theater live production of The Nutcracker earlier this month. Now Janae is trying to dress up like a nutcracker!
What would life be like without my kids and their obsessions? :)
I think it's safe to say we are almost ready . . . and there's less than a week to go!
2 comments:
It looks like Janae has sampled a cookie. or at least the chocolate. It sounds like everyone has the Christmas spirit :0)
Love the pictures!! Could Alaina be any cuter? I don't think so:) This Christmas we got an "Elf on the Shelf" and I think it is the funnest Christmas tradition ever. Your kids would LOVE it!! I'll have to talk to you about it.
Post a Comment