Monday, August 31, 2009

No Pressure

 


With baby #3 due to arrive in just over a week, you would think I'd be trying to keep rested and calm--getting ready for the big day.

Instead, I am staying up all night, worrying about how and when everything will play out. Last night I didn't sleep at all until about 5 a.m.--all because I was trying to figure out how we were going to get Benjamin to his first day of kindergarten if I go into labor the day before school starts (Labor Day, right?). So many things are out of my control. . . .

 


Yesterday Jason was telling me, too, that next week he will be down to one assistant at work--two of the others are going back to school, and the third (who was originally planning to stay and work through the fall) is leaving town and not returning. So, if I have the baby this week, fine--if I have her next week, it might ruin Jason's business!

Benjamin--always very supportive and eager to be a big brother again--also made a troubling comment yesterday on the way home from church. He was talking about the baby and what she would be like, and ended with, "I hope she's a boy!"

Here is a very flattering picture he drew of me during church--notice the many layers of my enormous tummy :)

 


Anyway, people always say that babies come when they're ready, and I know it's out of my hands (although someone did give me a very "tempting" recipe for a concoction that supposedly brings on labor within 5 hours). I just hope everything else works out okay, too. And I hope I can get some sleep before it all happens, because I am really tired!

2 comments:

Tina said...

You look so adorable pregnant, and your hair looks so cute that length. Everything will work out just fine. We'll help you out! I thought Ben's comment was priceless!

Anita said...

LISA!! I get stressed out just reading your blog. I know how silly it sounds, but...everything with work out. You'll get through it, no matter how it all happens. Remember you have 2 sisters and Mom and Dad that would love to take care of Ben and Janae so Jason won't lose his job:) Too bad I wasn't there to help....hmmm...that's a good idea!