Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Battle Continues....



It had been quite some time since I'd seen the carpet in Ben's room....  

I know what you're probably thinking--all that dirty laundry!  But no--Ben just stuffs that down the side of his bed, and I've become pretty good about clearing it out every few days.

All the outfits Ben tries on and then drops on the floor?  No--Ben hates trying on clothes, but you might find something like that next door in his sisters' room.

Most of the time Ben's carpet is covered with everyone's favorite building toy, set up in an epic battle that I hate to disturb, even to vacuum.

The forces of good--including ... but not limited to ... Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Hero Factory robots, Super Heros like Batman and Iron Man, Dumbledore, dragons, Sensei Wu, and all the ninjas from Ninjago--are frozen in pursuit of the forces of evil--you know: the Serpentine, the Sith, orcs, battle droids, clones, Bad Cop, a bunch of nameless skeleton warriors, and comic book villains like Doc Oc, Venom, the Joker, Cat Woman, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy.

This has resulted in a few unfortunate clunking sounds as I've tried to vacuum "around" the great scene, as well as quite a bit of dust and built-up clutter--as I tend to just avoid entering the room because of all the tiptoeing I know I'll have to do.

But since it is summer vacation--I thought I'd ask Ben if he could move everyone and their accessories (tanks, ships, motorcycles, etc.) out of the room--just for a few minutes--so I could clean a little more thoroughly.

After I'd made the request several times, I could see Ben was actually thinking about it.

Then today was the day!  It took at least an hour for all the plastic to be relocated, but I think it was worth the trouble :)
 


Now the carpet is clean.

Ben spent most of the rest of the day setting things back up.

We saw how much Eric is looking forward to being around all that Lego as he quickly becomes more mobile....
 

But Ben managed to create a battle scene that is even more awesome than the one that collected all the original dust.
 
 
Now how to make this a weekly occurrence......

And this boy thinks he needs more Lego!
 
I guess everybody does :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I've seen what you can create from your own imagination, keep up the good work, Ben. I know for sure that one can not get enough of things that they like. Keep on building :0)

Anita said...

Very impressive collection of lego:)Pretty soon Ben won't have any room to sleep in his room!!