Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Back

Well, today was the day I had been dreading for several weeks--the first day of school, when I would have to turn my Benjamin over for a full day, every day. But it actually went really well.

Benjamin was so excited, he woke up at 6:30 (as opposed to his 9:30/10:00 summer wake-up schedule . . . I wasn't sure how that was going to go!). He had nothing but positive things to say about going to school and was smiling all morning.

 


I was excited, too, to meet his new teacher and to see how things would go.

So, we got out the old blue pants and white shirt--and decided to accessorize with a crested vest, since it was raining a little.

Alaina even brought an apple . . . she is so thoughtful :)

 


Here is a closer look at that backpack. And yes, I did try to talk Ben out of it. I warned him that it might be too scary for some of the more sensitive children in his class. So, what did he do? He walked right up to one of the sweetest, shyest girls in his class and said, "Did you see my new backpack???!!!"

Benjamin loves his Star Wars!

 


Ben was as happy coming out of his first day as he was going in--which I think is a really good sign. He seemed excited and confident about the new experience--so different from the first day of kindergarten!

Benjamin's kindergarten teacher even came out and visited with all the new grade ones in the hall--it was nice to see a familiar face.

I'm just not sure how the girls feel about leaving their brother . . .

 



Things will really be different for us now!

We will miss Benjamin, but we think he will have a good time being in Grade One :)

0 comments: