When Ben and Janae are eating, Alaina makes smacking noices with her mouth--letting us know that she wants to eat, too. When Ben and Janae laugh, she looks at them and laughs, too. She is always watching and imitating.
A couple of days ago, Benjamin thought it would be fun to give his sisters a ride in a diaper box (I love the way kids play--they don't need much to have fun!).
Afterwards, Alaina gave her "baby" a ride, too :)
Alaina is very proud of her teeth, and loves to open her mouth and say "AHHH" when Ben and Janae are brushing their teeth--reminding me to get out her toothbrush as well.
She also loves her "shows"; even though she doesn't watch TV yet, she's really good at getting all the DVDs out and choosing one to carry around.
And today she showed us the extent of her determination to be like her siblings. I set her down a couple of feet away from one of her favorite toys, and she walked over to it! It was only a few steps, but they were very deliberate.
When Daddy came home, Alaina showed him, too--walking a few steps for him as well.
Alaina, of course, is very proud of herself, and I am happy for her--but I do wish she could stay a baby for a bit longer. It's all going by too quickly for me.
1 comments:
I can't believe she started walking!! She's too small!!! I wonder what mischief she and Janae will get into together:) Can't wait to meet that little girl!
Post a Comment