Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cute Little Monkey!


Have you ever walked out your front door and seen a little monkey cuter than this one?



I don't think it's very likely :) 

Janae was a monkey this year for her dance recital--her group danced to "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book (note: "wanna"--not much dfferent from "gonna," which I discussed in my last post!)

I volunteered to be one of the two "class moms," so I got to help take care of the monkeys during the dressed rehersal and backstage during the show.  I had one great fear, and it came to pass: all the little monkeys had to use the restroom at the same time :)  We made it through, though.

I also got to have an early and behind-the-scenes view of the show, which I really loved.

Here is a scene from the dressed rehearsal,


and one backstage before the actual show.



In putting on Janae's make-up (including eyelashes), slicking her hair, and persuading her to wear tights, I somehow forgot to bring her arm bands.  Luckily I was able to call "Super Dad," who ran home, FOUND THEM, and raced back all within about 20 minutes (i.e., in time for the show to start--which was especially important, since the monkeys were third to perform).


After the performance it didn't take long for Janae to rip off her hat--all the other monkeys wanted to do the same, but luckily the other backstage mom had the sense to forbid it; otherwise we would have been trying to sort out 10 little hats that all looked the same :)

We got to join the audience at intermission, where Janae got a present from Daddy that she'd been hoping for . . . a big bouquet of flowers!


Of course, if you know Janae, you know she'd rather be doing this . . .


But either way, we are very proud of our little monkey! 


2 comments:

mom said...

I don't think that I have ever seen a cuter "little monkey" than Janae, and believe me, I have seen a lot of little monkeys :0) I hear Janae did a good job at the performance, way to go Janae!!!

Anita said...

I'm glad it went well...wish we could have seen it!! Tell Janae we think she is an adorable little monkey:)